A Silver Fob Seal by Stephen Warwick of London 1844
In medieval taste, the openwork handle with three protuberances above the angled collar, faceted spreading cushion, the integral bavette-shaped matrix engraved with a cross flory within an inscription in gothic script: Sigilla : soc : archit : apud : oxoniensis
The Oxford Architectural Society was founded in 1839 as the "Oxford Society for promoting the study of Gothic architecture". The official change of name took place in 1848 but had been used unofficially since 1844, the date of the seal.
Height of matrix: 26mm
Regular price $512.00 USD